|From left to right, Valeria, Guadalupe and Roberto received summer meals at a Lunch Bus stop in Chicago Heights.|
Friday, June 27, 2014
Friday, June 20, 2014
|Whether homeless, employed or retired, Derrick can count on Grant Memorial AME's soup kitchen and food pantry for a consistent source of quality food.|
Thursday, June 19, 2014
- Lisa: I walk to help those who need it. You never know what curves life will throw your way. One day I, or a friend or family member, may need to utilize a food pantry.
- Being undernourished should not exist as a roadblock to reaching one's full potential in our society.
- Rachel: I walk for the individuals and families who need it.
- Chicago Tribune Community Giving: There are too many people without food. This is a great cause to help others right here in our city.
- Mae: I walk because I don’t think that in 2014 people should be walking around hungry and homeless every day.
- Reginald: I’m walking because I appreciate the pantry giving me food!
- Monique: Stopping hunger motivates me to walk!
- Nessa: I know that it could be me on the streets, homeless and hungry. For this reason – it keeps me humble.
- Redeeming Grace Pantry: We walk because together, we can end hunger.
Monday, June 16, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
|Bob "Ziggy" Anderson takes a 10-minute walk to the St. Ignatius Church Food Pantry each time he visits. The items he receives from the pantry – as well as the exercise he gets on the way there – help keep him healthy.|
Anderson, a resident of Chicago’s Rogers Park neighborhood, goes by the
nickname Ziggy. It helps him stand out, he says.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
|Norberta Almazan Bahena received bags of fresh produce from a Producemobile in Logan Square, which helps her maintain a healthy lifestyle as a diabetic.|
Now, thanks to the Producemobile, Norberta's fridge is full of fresh fruits and vegetables such as beets, cabbage, corn and melons.
As a diabetic, Norberta finds maintaining a healthy diet especially difficult.